Due to the recent academic demand, my social life has been compromised for hours of solitude studying and reclusive seclusion. On the bright side, I shin kicked those 5 tests and now have Frightened Rabbits concert and LUBBOCKLUBBOCKLUBBOCK to keep me fueled till Friday!!! I love home. I miss my friends. I crave hub city local thaicoffeeitaliantexmexgreek foods like a preggo woman. I can not even begin to describe how much the foresight of the weekend keep me decently sane through this horribly test filled week. After completing my final test this morning, I nestled myself into my makeshift reading nook and embraced the ability to put off homework and studying for fun reading!
Quality life updates since last post:
1. Witnessed Norah Jones rocking out life as only she can do at ACL. Second to John, highlight of Freshman year thus far. The company wasn't too bad either, if I do say so myself.
1b. Just ACL in general :]
2. Clogged the dorm sink with a steamed brusselsprout and had to submit a big girl work order.
3. Discovered chocolate covered macaroons in the library food spot. New study brain food.
4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Vanilla Pumpkin Chai Lattes are officially filling up my happy tummy and emptying my shallow pockets of money.
5. Conversated with my dearest Bo and Camikins and Ksenia in ATX. Gave me a good taste of Lubbock.
6. Received my AWESOME sister in Christ (flic big) Michelle and made the world's coolest Harry Potter carved pumpkin. We are twins. She completes me.
7. Got to go to Covenant Family Church because I was in College Station over a Sunday morning for once! Such a fanastical church, I love me some CStat church home.
8. Almost lost my mind a million times.
Lately, the Lord has taught me a peace that comes in depending on him in the chaoticness of life. He has strung together a million little lessons by reviewing my past and showing me His fingerprints in my college life so far. I still can't fathom how awesome He is and how much I do not deserve one little thing He does for me. Yet He does it anyways. Time and time again the Lord pours out His love and pieces together beautiful experiences for His ungrateful and ignorant kiddos. Friggen blows my mind. I encourage you to boldly share His love and movement in your life recently with someone today. Life is crazy. Wonderful. Messy. Joyous. Hilarious. Yours. Unfortunately, I have not found the instruction book or pause button on my life (if you uncover one, hook a sister up!). Yet, our Savior is found in every aimless step of jumbled life. It may not be perfect, but with Him and in Him it doesn't have to be. Because the company and the purpose is enough. Enough to roll out of bed with 5 tests and no sleep due to cramming. Enough to keep truckin when all you want to do is curl up in surrender. Enough to see the Lord's big picture and abandon your minimal selfish life goals.
"Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love."
:] 1 Corinthians 13:13
Fall playlist suggestions:
Norah, KT Tunstall, Corinne Bailey Rae, Ben Harper, Snow Patrol, Iron&Wine. Hope that gives you a good launching into autumn beginning.