God has really been pressing in the concept of fully trusting in Him while wandering along through this life adventure. I can't shake the mental image of a little tiny holding the finger of a fatherly figure, content to follow in a forest of uncertainty. Remaining content in the Lord with my now, still being passionate and intentional with the gospel has been a reoccurring theme in my Jesus time. Abraham breathed a life of faith in the Old Testament. "He went out, not knowing where he was going." - Hebrews 11:8. Knowing that we are here to love others and share Jesus is such a simple and often shadowed over life mission. We are called to go out sharing the love of our super stellar best friend Jesus and soak up every minute given to us and surrender to our selfishness daily and expect nothing in return. Sometimes, I get lost in the shuffle and forgets these constant truths. Or worse yet, begin to believe the enemies lies and expect success in the world justifying my "works". Oswald Chambers expertly says, "A life of faith is not a life of one glorious mountaintop experience after another, like soaring eagles' wings, but is a life of day and day-out consistency." I am learning to wander through life with my brilliant Creator.
this just embodies a perfect Saturday afternoon
Sticking true to my original bloggin purpose: some quick personal life updates. I work well in confines of lists.
- ONCAMPUS flic retreat to Pine Cove was beyond amazing. Blessed with the opportunity to serve as kitchen staff during a Kady church Women's Retreat knitted our family together in service. Living life with my brothers and sisters of Christ and being goofy in nature was hands down awesome.
- Drinking tea and making cards with the cutest Baylor Bear ever (Bayless!) was the perfect pit stop on my trek home from Spring Break. Common Grounds blows my mind with creativity and who can ask for anything better than two chipper friends uniting at tea time.
- Spending time with my sister Aimee was savored over the break. We tend to forget what rock stars our kinfolk are. I forever treasure our pillow talks, movie moments, dining adventures and miscellaneous bondings.
- Seeing cousin Clairebear grow and grow has been such a treat! Tinies are so intriguing during ages 1-5, providing 24/7 entertainment..not to mention awesome fashion with styling bows!
- GroupMe texting has taken over my phones social life. This app allows multiple people to be in a text conversation sharing one phone number. Basically chatroom texting, having 12 of the coolest people in one conversation at all times.
- Having ample time with AlanTaylor is such a welcomed rarity! I am so blessed to have the best boyfriend ever!!, but the distance often cramps our style and rushes our time together. This past week was a much needed time of just being and living life in the lazy.
- I can not express how much the hearts and souls of Lubbockites has molded me into the person I am. Eternally thankful, I love these people more than they'll ever know. Even though the time we catch up is limited, watching friends grow and learning from where they are at just sets my little heart aflutter. Wendy, Camikins, MaddieKay, That'sSoRaven, Austin, Kibble, Randog, WilliamChristopher..the list is never ending. Thanks for that.
[it's 11:11 as I write this.. make a wish!]
"Not all those who wander are lost." - JRR Tolkien